Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Release - Harlequin Drake Decoy

As promised, I finally have a chance to post my latest Harlequin Drake Decoy. This is the bird I did in the class I taught in Spokane on both the carving and painting back in January and early March.

I really enjoyed doing this class as it is one of my favorite waterfowl. I'm lucky enough to be in an area where I get to see this bird in the spring while they are inland during the breading season. Up in Glacier National Park we can see them swimming around the glacial waters while they are feeding.

This bird is functional and is ready to hunt over or more likely go in the tank for competition purposes.

To see more photos of this bird go to my New Release page on my website http://www.simchuk.com/19601.html

No comments:

Post a Comment