Saturday, March 24, 2012

First Art Show for 2012

Last week I participated in my first art show for the year. It was the Western Heritage Artist Group Show held in Great Falls Montana. The show was a success in many ways. Not strictly looking at the dollars at the end of the show, but looking at the whole package.

Having been out of my mind and element for so long it felt good to get back out there and interact with people again. Being able to catch up with a number of friends I haven't seen in over a year. Discuss future projects which is always good to be looking 1, 2, even three years down the road. Work out trades between fellow artists for each others work. And simply get a change of pace to help my mind continue to move forward.

It will still take some time, but I do feel as though I'm making progress and each show, each class, each competition, and each project helps keep me moving in the right direction. I might only have the mind and energy for 50% mode, but at least it's moving now.

Just yesterday I was finally able to sit down and go through all my projects that were placed on hold over the past couple years and re-prioritize and layout the next years work I have on the books. Just doing this turned out to be a lot of fun for me as it meant my mind is getting ready to turn things on. I even worked in my studio until about 9pm painting an Eastern Screech Owl in Red coloration. I'm calling this my "Catch Up Year". Catch up on all those projects that were placed on hold.

This Screech Owl project I'm working on once done will then turn into a painting book that many people have been anxiously waiting for. A couple more weeks from no I hope to have that book available for everyone. Those who have been patiently waiting I have to thank for your patience while I get my head back in line.

Until my next posting, thanks to everyone again for your patience and support.

Jerry...

No comments:

Post a Comment